Oura analyzes temperature variation to predict whether you’re in the Follicular or Luteal phase of your menstrual cycle. More details on Oura’s methods can be found here. Cronometer imports menstrual cycle data daily from Oura. While there are four cycle phases that are commonly referred to – Follicular, Menstrual, Luteal and Ovulation – Cronometer currently imports data for Follicular and Luteal Phases.
To import menstrual cycle data, ensure you have connected your Oura app with Cronometer.
Authorize menstrual cycle data from Oura:
Ensure you are on version 4.12.0 or higher on the mobile app, or login via the web and re-authorize your Oura Ring integration – meaning you’ll need to disconnect the integration and re-connect.
- Download the latest Cronometer app on your phone or log on to the web version.
- Navigate to Settings/More > Connect Apps & Devices > Devices > Oura
- Click ‘Unlink’ or ‘Disconnect’
- Click ‘Link’ or ‘Connect’ and login to your Oura account.
- Include Cycle Tracking in your imported metrics
Cycle Tracking in Cronometer provides only general information and does not provide, nor is a substitute for, medical advice. Predicted fertile windows or ovulation estimates derived from Cycle Tracking should not be used as a form of birth control.
You are strongly encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through Cycle Tracking with your physician or another professional healthcare provider.
Data from the Cronometer app and Cycle Tracking should not be used to diagnose health conditions, and you should not use data from Cycle Tracking to take clinical action such as making changes to medication or contraceptives without consulting a qualified healthcare professional. If you believe you are having a medical emergency, call emergency services.
If you wish to include cycle data previously tracked in Oura, we recommend force syncing data to inform your dashboard widget of your current cycle status.
1. Press Force sync
2. Select a date range in the past which includes cycle phase data you would like to import
Once you have force synced previous data, it will be available for past days in your diary and dashboard.
After authorizing Oura cycle tracking, data can be displayed in your:
From your Dashboard, you’ll be able to see your imported metrics from Oura such as cycle day, cycle phase and body temperature variation.
Click the arrow in the top right corner of the widget to expand and read more information about the cycle phase.
Change your dashboard display settings in More > Display > Dashboard Settings
Your cycle phase prediction can change throughout the day, much like the weather, and this data is only passed to Cronometer once Oura is confident about their prediction. This means that the cycle phase you see in Cronometer will be from the prior day’s data and not guaranteed to be your current cycle phase on that day.
Cronometer displays cycle data only on days in the past, due to limitations on our data import from Oura. You will not have the diary cycle tracking display visible on today or future days in your diary.
Navigate to days in the past to view your diary history with reference to your cycle phase and day.
1. Why can't I see the Cycle tracking diary widget today?
Oura only sends data to Cronometer after today has completed. Come back tomorrow, and you'll be able to see the previous days' cycle data in your diary.
2. Why am I seeing different dates in my dashboard widget?
Your dashboard widget will display the most recent data possible. You may have a temperature vaiation metric on days even if the cycle phase hasn't imported, hence the different dates. If you believe there is more recent data available than show, navigate to 'More > Devices > Force Sync' to force import more recent data.
More ways to track Cycle data:
- Women’s Health Nutrition Score: Set your womens health nutrition score to keep an eye on key nutrients which impact or correlate with women's specific health goal
- Track Basal Body Temperature Data (BBT): Monitor BBT to observe any changes in temperature patterns during your cycle. Body temperature variation is imported from Oura, but you may want to monitor your BBT as well. Add your metric manually as the biometric 'Body Temperature'.
- Flow Rate/Type Data: Track flow rate and type to identify any changes or abnormalities during the luteal phase, which may provide insights into hormonal balance and overall menstrual health. Gold subscribers can create a Custom Biometric in Cronometer to help keep track of this.
Don't Have An Oura Ring?
If you simply can’t wait to get your hands on an Oura Ring (or an Oura Ring on your hands), we can’t blame you; they’re pretty amazing. The team has been kind enough to offer our users $40 off any ring. Follow this link to cash in on the discount.