Creating a Custom meal is a great way to easily log items you frequently eat together.
If your breakfast often consists of a custom granola recipe, a cup of coffee with cream and a navel orange, you can group these items together into a custom meal to easily add them to your diary. Once created, you can search and add the meal to your diary via the add food button.
Steps to create a new meal
Custom meals are found under the foods tab in the main menu. Click on Custom Meals and then Create Meal to start making a new meal.
Enter a name for your meal
Choose a name that best describes your meal, one that you will easily be able to remember when searching for your meal to add to your diary.
To items to your meal, click on the "+ ADD ITEM" button next to the "Meal Items" section. Here you can also make any needed adjustments to meal items.
Save Changes > Add to Diary
Your meal is added to your diary! It will now populate your custom meal list on the foods tab. You can search for your meal by name and add it to your diary just like any other food. To search for a custom food, recipe or meal more easily, search using the Custom tab in the Search dialogue
Edit a meal
We have 3 ways to edit a meal:
1. Edit a meal from Foods tab > select a meal > update information
2. Edit a meal from Diary > right click a meal > View / Edit Selected Meal
3. Edit a meal from Diary > right click a meal > Explode Meal - great way to make a tweak to your meal within your Diary
Delete or Retire a Meal
To delete or retire a meal, click on the meal you wish to delete from the custom meals page. Next click on the overflow menu in the top right hand corner of the meal screen. On this menu press "Delete / Retire Meal...".
- Retiring a meal will remove the meal from your foods list but retain any diary entries you have already made.
- Deleting a meal deletes the food and all diary history.