Welcome to Cronometer!
To use the app, you will first need to download it from the app store on your phone. Once it is downloaded, you can open it and create an account. This will allow you to save your information and track your progress over time.
1. Download the Cronometer app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
2. Tap on the Sign-Up button to create a new account. Use the Login button if you already have a Cronometer account.
3. Enter your details correctly as they will be used to calculate your targets.
4. Use the Slider to choose an activity level. This will help estimate your energy needs for the day.
5. Use the slider to choose a weight loss/gain goal. This will deduct or add calories to your energy target.
5. Enter your email address and choose a password. Don't forget to accept the terms of service & privacy settings.
6. You will receive an email to validate your account. Follow the link in the email to open the app, and you will be ready to start tracking. If you cannot tap the link in the email, copy and paste the link in your web browser.
The app also has a feature that helps you set goals for yourself and track your progress toward those goals. You can set goals for things like weight loss, increasing weight, or getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet.
Once logged in, go to the Settings tab
- Set your Macronutrient Targets
- Keto Calculator - If you are following a Ketogenic diet, make sure you enter a Body Fat % to get the most accurate settings.
- Connect your account to any activity trackers you are using.
Once you have set up your profile, you are ready to start tracking!
To add food to the app, you can either search for it in the app's database or scan the barcode on the package. You can also add your own recipes and save them for later. The app will then show you the nutrition information for that food, including calories, protein, fat, and more.
Access the Diary tab > tap on the orange '+' to Add Foods and more:
Learn more here:
9. After adding foods, you'll see the target bars in your Top Summary fill up.
Swipe through the top summary to see your macronutrient targets and highlighted targets.
Tap on any of these targets bars to access your Daily Report and see your complete nutrient breakdown for the day!
To track your physical activity, you can add the type of activity you did, the duration, and the intensity. The app will then show you how many calories you burned.
Overall, Cronometer is a helpful tool for keeping track of what you eat and how active you are. It can help you make healthier choices and reach your health goals.